The Children’s Centre needs your help to put children, young people and families first. If you have some time to spare and the determination to get things done then you can enjoy all the fun of fundraising.
Holding your own event
It can be great fun and easier than you might think to hold your own event, choosing what you want to do and when you want to do it. You can rest assured that The Children’s Centre’s Fundraising team will be on hand to offer advice and support every step of the way. Just follow our three easy steps to fundraising success:
- Think about the type of event you would like to organise. When and where will you hold it? Who will it appeal to? How much money do you think it will raise?
- Contact our Fundraising team to let us know what you plan to do and if you need any support. We can provide templates for posters, sponsorship forms and advise on writing and issuing press releases too.
- Take into consideration any health and safety requirements..
- To avoid disappointment and give you something to aim for set yourself a realistic fundraising target. Your employer may have a matched.
- Book your venue, order any equipment you might need and organise catering.
- Publicise your event using posters, e mails to friends and family and social networking sites like Facebook.
- Send a press release to the local newspapers and radio stations.
- Call in help from friends and family. Many hands make light work.
- Take time to enjoy yourself on the day and take lots of pictures or video to record your event.
- Send your post event press release to local papers and radio stations with some photos.
- Thank everyone who was involved in the event.
- Remember to send your money in to The Children’s Centre Fundraising team!
Looking for inspiration?
Have a look at our a-z of fundraising for some ideas.
A few fundraising dos and don’ts
- Only collect money on private property (such as pubs or bars) after successful application for a Charitable Collection License from the Isle of Man Constabulary and the permission of the owner / landlord.
- Please do not collect money from door to door or in the street without applying for a license first. Please contact the Fundraising team if you wish to arrange a cash collection.
- Only use The Children’s Centre logo in conjunction with the wording ‘In aid of Friends of The Children’s Centre, Registered Charity No. 923’.
- Small raffles can be held as part of a larger event as long as the ticket sales and the announcing results take place during the event and there are no cash prizes.
- Public lotteries and non event related raffles must be registered with the Isle of Man Government.
- If in doubt about any legal or health and safety aspects of your fundraising, don’t hesitate to contact the Fundraising team.